Thursday, August 13, 2015

Chapter 1 of this Crazy Adventure

     Here We Go!

Hi! I'm Arianna Rose, and I just started a hugeeee chapter in my life. I'll be blogging about it all school year, maybe longer depending on how this goes! I feel as if I'm opening a giant book I just found behind a shelf in the library of my life. It was hidden, but I think it's bigger than any others I've read! I'm opening something huge, something scary, something I could regret for the rest of my life if it goes badly.. something that will, no matter what, change me. 


How it all Began

One cold night in late December, I brought my black, hardly-ever-touched, acoustic guitar into my Dad's office to see if he would tune it for me. Because I get my long-winded-ness from my Dad, I usually end up in there talking to him for hours, even if I just come in to give him something from Mom. He loves music, practically breathes it, so he ended up showing me some things, and I ended up getting another impromptu guitar lesson. 
     About two weeks before this day, one of my very best friends in the whole world had recently been diagnosed with lymes disease... She was having the worst time with it, and I didn't even have words to help her anymore.  ME! and trust me guys, I have words for just about everything
     At this point in life, I actually was trying to work harder on learning guitar, something that I've been doing off and on since I was about eleven years old. I knew enough chords to put together a song, a pretty cute, cheerful-ish song, not one of those sad ones that sounds like you're mourning over the fact that Gilbert Blythe isn't even real. (Sorry if I just burst a bubble... go eat some brownies honey, I promise it helps.) 
     Anyway, one night, when I felt totally hopeless, wishing I could say something to make her feel better, I ended up pouring all my feelings into a song that I wrote then and there on the guitar.  (and yes, it did make her cry. Go me! Friendship points right there. hehe ;) )

     That night in my dad's office, I ended up somehow playing it for him. He was thrilled to pieces! (though he might  not put it exactly in those words) He told me I was in trouble because  I had "real lyrical talent" and he wanted a full album out of me... Great............... 
     At first I thought he was mostly kidding, and just complementing me, but he never stopped talking about it, even my mom warned me that she hadn't seen him so excited in several years.
     A few days later, my dad came to me and suggested that I co-write a CD with him. We would work together, I'd write lyrics, and maybe some songs, and he would write most of the songs, do the editing, etc... He said to pray about it a few days, and get back to him, maybe make it my new years resolution? 
     It sounded fun, I think? It mostly sounded really scary. When my dad dreams, he dreams big, so of course he talked about me becoming as famous a christian artist as Brit Nichol and Jamie Grace, and that thought completely terrified me.
     I talked to my two best friends about it all, and they could barely hold themselves together they were so ridiculously excited, it was kind of funny actually... Love you girls ;) 
So after a little more prayer, and deep breathing, I said yes.  

I said what?!

     Yeah! I really did say yes! I know, crazy right? The deal was to take a year and learn guitar, write songs, improve my vocal skills, and maybe sing on some stages? To put my songs out for the world, and grow a lot lot in my faith, because let's face it, this is huge for a girl who's never been secure about like, anything. Making a CD is like telling the world  "I  think I'm good enough for you!" but.. what if you're not? 
      I decided that maybe this was God's invitation to me to be... well, brave enough. To be brave enough to love Him with everything I have, no matter what others think. To be brave enough to face all the challenges this year will bring. To be brave enough to trust that He will bring me through this whole journey! 
     I've been reading a lot in psalms, because at this time I think David inspires me more than any other biblical figure. He was small, and judged by so so many, and yet when he trusted God with everything he had, God eventually made him king! He was also a musician, so you know.. that's cool. ;)

     So here I Go...

     So here I go! I'm headed out waiting to see where this new road will take me! I mostly started this blog so that my friends, family, and teachers (<< you'll understand that after my next post.) could see how things are going, but if you've run across my quirky, clumsy, adventurous self, you can stick around and see what happens! :D I want this blog to become an encouragement to everyone who has a dream, or is scared to try something new and big, but tries anyway. You rock my two socks! ;) We're in this together, right? I'm going to rely fully on God through this whole thing. (and if I seem to forget please remind me! It's so so important!)



I love you all already and thank you so much for all your support as I strap in for this crazy ride!!

     In my next post I'll talk about the next most important part of this story, another twist I didn't see coming. This is turning out to be bigger than I first signed up for! 
~Arianna

2 comments: